The Aube department, in the Champagne region is rich in culture, history and heritage. Come explore the various museums, monuments and historical places that surround it
The essentials place to visit:
– Abbaye de Clairvaux: discover one of the French masterpieces of monastic architecture: the cistercian Abbey of Clairvaux. Founded in the 12th century, it is nowadays one of the places in french history.
– Château de Vaux: step back in the time and explore this incredible caste. On the program: visit of the castle, shows, archery, treasure hunt, carriage ride, …
– Family home of the painter Renoir:.
– Charles de Gaulle Memorial: revive t 19 20 , . .
– Half-timbered churches: discover the charm and the typicity of the various churches of the department. Composed of 200 churches, located around Troyes, it is the continent’s most important heritage.
– Art Modern Museum: more than 2,000 arts, from the mid-19th century until the 1980s, the Modern Art Museum is the biggest and the more important museum in the city.
– Saint-Loup Museum: museum of fine arts and archeology where French paintings from the 14th to the 19th century are exhibited. You will find there the great stylistic movements, which marked the pictorial art as well as many French vestiges.
– Napoleon Museum: t, , , too during this period.
– Château de La Motte Tilly: explore , , . .
– L’Outil et de la Pensée Ouvrière Museum: a true worker’s Louvre, with its 11,000 tools dating from the 17th and 18th centuries, it is the largest museum of tools in the world. We trace the know-how and way of life of the inhabitants during this time.