Discover Troyes, the former historic capital of the Champagne
A city of art and history
Located in the Grand East region, in the southeast of Champagne, France, only at 150 kilometers from Paris, discover this amazing city where many treasures await you. The former capital of Champagne was at its peak between the 15th and 17th centuries, particularly thanks to the champagne fairs. This period left many traces to the city. Come stroll through the streets and alleys of the historic center of Troyes and be immersed in this historic city. You will fall in love in this medieval city, surrounded by colorful half-timbered houses, wells, churches and cathedrals or even cobbled and winding streets.
The essentials places to visit:
– Saint-Pierre and Saint-Paul cathedral:
come and visit this impressive cathedral, with its splendid stained glass windows;
– Sainte-Madeleine Church:, ;
– Outil de la Pensée Ouvrière Museum: this incredible museum is a veritable Louvre of the working world;
– Ruelle des chats, street: located in the heart of the city centre, explore this magnificent and atypical street;
– Synagogue Rachi Troyes:
one of the most surprising synagogues in France welcomes you;
– Outlet centre: the largest European outlet center is located in Troyes;
– Troyes’s heart: emblem of the city, the heart of Troyes is the work of an Aube couple. This surprising work lights up every evening to amaze you.
Many activities and various events, such as the “Nuits de Champagne” are organized by the city, do not hesitate to follow its news.